HomeBollywoodTwo witnesses have died in Malegaon blast case: NIA in court

Two witnesses have died in Malegaon blast case: NIA in court


Highlights

Daily hearing in Malegaon blast case
NIA told in court that 2 witnesses died
death certificate submitted in court

Mumbai. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) told a special court here on Monday that two witnesses, who were to testify today, have died in the Malegaon blasts case in September 2008. Special Public Prosecutor Avinash Rasal told the special NIA court that both the witnesses have died of natural causes. He handed over the death certificates of both of them to the court. Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP Sadhvi Pragya Singh and Colonel Prasad Purohit are accused in this case.

One of the witnesses, in his statement to the erstwhile probe agency Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS), had claimed that he had met Col Prasad Purohit and other accused in the case on several occasions and during this time he visited his right-wing group Abhinav Bharat and Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat and Indresh Kumar were discussed. So far 27 witnesses have turned hostile in this case. The matter is being heard on a daily basis and around 110 witnesses are yet to be examined.

Be the first to read breaking news in Hindi News18 Hindi| Today’s latest news, live news updates, read the most reliable Hindi news website News18 Hindi|

FIRST PUBLISHED : October 31, 2022, 23:21 IST

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments