National Education Day Significance: Today is National Education Day. This day is celebrated every year on November 11, dedicating it to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India. People celebrate the birth anniversary of Abul Kalam i.e. his birthday as National Education Day. Apart from being a freedom fighter, Abul Kalam was also a very famous educationist. This day started in the year 2008 when the then President Pratibha Patil declared November 11 as National Education Day at Vigyan Bhawan. This day is celebrated to pay tribute to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, who made invaluable contribution to the education of the nation.
Abul Kalam’s contribution cannot be forgotten
Maulan Abul Kalam Azad served as the Education Minister of India from 15 August 1947 to 02 February 1958. He was a freedom fighter, scholar and educationist who established some important institutions in the country.
established these institutions
Maulana Azad was one of the few prominent founding members of Jamia Millia Islamia. Influenced by Mahatma Gandhi’s philosophy, Azad founded Jamia Millia Islamia in Aligarh along with Mukhtar Ahmed Ansari, Hakim Ajmal Khan and others, which was later shifted to Delhi.
Be inspired from IIT to UGC
The credit for the construction of the first IIT to be built in Kharagpur also goes to Maulana Abul Kalam Azad. Along with this, he established educational bodies like All India Council for Technical Education and University Grants Commission (UGC). Not only this, Azad was also responsible for the establishment of Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR), Sahitya Akademi, Lalita Kala Akademi and Sangeet Natak Akademi.
Some famous quotes of Kalam
- Education given from the heart can bring revolution in the society.
- Slavery is very bad no matter how beautiful its name may be.
- The person who is not vibrated by music, his mind is unhealthy and imperfect, he is far from spirituality and denser than birds and animals because everyone is affected by the melodious sounds of music.
- You have to dream before your dreams come true.
- Climbing to the top requires strength, whether it is to the top of Mount Everest or to the top of your career.
- Let us not forget even for a moment, it is the birthright of every person to get at least basic education without which he cannot fully discharge his duties as a citizen.
Also read: JIPMER Recruitment for the post of Nursing Officer
Education Loan Information:
Calculate Education Loan EMI