Shraddha Murder Case: A team of Delhi Police recovered the body parts from the Mehrauli forest. After that, on Sunday (November 20), the police reached Aftab Poonawala’s house in Chhatarpur to collect more forensic evidence in the Shraddha Walker murder case. Actually, Aftab had strangled Shraddha to death (Shraddha Murder) and then cut the body into 35 pieces. Aftab had kept the body parts in the fridge for about three weeks in his house before throwing them in the forest.
Meanwhile, another team of Delhi Police is in Vasai, Maharashtra. Police on Saturday (19 November) recorded the statements of Shraddha Walker’s former manager and one of her friends at a call center in Mumbai. Let us know in five points what are the big updates of the Shraddha Walker murder case.
Five big updates of Shraddha Walker murder case
- A Delhi Police team is present at the flat in Chhatarpur where the crime took place and is collecting more evidence. The police also interrogated Aftab’s flat owner Jayshree Patkar and Shraddha. During the earlier search, a sharp weapon was recovered from Aftab’s flat, which is suspected to have been used to cut Shraddha Walker’s body.
- The police have also seized all the clothes from the house in Mehrauli, which will be sent for forensic examination. The police have so far recovered 13 body parts, most of which are skeletal remains.
- Another team of investigators is in Vasai to record statements of officials of the housing society where Aftab’s family lives. The flat there is locked and the local police said that Aftab’s family members have fled to some unknown place and are currently untraceable.
- On Saturday (19 November), the police team recorded the statements of two people whom Shraddha had approached for help after she faced assault at the hands of Aftab in 2020. Meanwhile, Aftab told the police that after the murder, he searched the flat and burnt three photographs of Shraddha, two of which were from Uttarakhand and one from Mumbai. He first broke the frames of all the three pictures and then set the kitchen on fire.
- Aftab Poonawalla’s narco test is likely to be conducted on Monday (November 21) as his five-day police custody ends the next day. And six days after Shraddha’s body parts were discovered in a Mehrauli forest, the police are yet to collect crucial evidence in the case, such as the murder weapon, the victim’s severed head, the clothes she wore that day. Or his phone which Aftab had thrown away.
Aftab returned to Vasai after killing Shraddha
According to information, Aftab had returned to Vasai after killing Shraddha in the month of May. After returning to Vasai, Aftab collected some belongings from the house and with the help of a private packers and movers company, got the goods shifted to the place where he lived in Chhatarpur area of Delhi. Now the Delhi Police team is interrogating a person belonging to the packers and movers company at Nayanagar police station on Mira Road. During this, the police found a slip on which the address of Vasai to Chhatarpur was written. The date 5-06-22 is written on the slip.
Shraddha Murder Case: Police emptying Mehrauli’s pond to find Shraddha Walker’s head, operation on Aftab’s mark!
Shraddha Murder Case: Which bones have been found by the police so far? Cut marks from sharp weapons, know update