New Delhi: The battle for the election of the Congress President has been played, but the suspense is still going on about who will be the candidates. In the midst of the ongoing political crisis in the Rajasthan Congress, it is now being said that Ashok Gehlot may be out of the race for the post of Congress President, because he is not in the mood to leave the post of Chief Minister or rather make him the Chief Minister of his choice. want. Whatever be the reason, but in the event of Ashok Gehlot’s exit in the race, many more contenders can be seen in the field. After Ashok Gehlot, who was the first choice of the Gandhi family, now the Congress has started considering other options. At present, the names of five contenders are being discussed in the race for the post of Congress President.
If sources are to be believed, before the political crisis in Rajasthan, Ashok Gehlot vs Shashi Tharoor was seen, but now the situation has changed and in the changed political scenario, many Congress leaders are seen in the mood to try their luck. If sources are to be believed, in the event of Ashok Gehlot being out of the race for the post of Congress President, there is a discussion about the names of five leaders of the party, who are being told in the race. However, so far none of them have filed their nominations.
1. Shashi Tharoor: Shashi Tharoor is now leading the race for the post of Congress President. Shashi Tharoor is a Congress Lok Sabha MP from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala. Earlier in the UPA government, he was the Minister of State in the Ministry of Human Resource Development and the Ministry of External Affairs. Many of his books have become very popular.
2. Mallikarjun Kharge: His name is now jumping in the race for the post of Congress President. Mallikarjun Kharge is a very senior Congress leader and is currently a Rajya Sabha MP from Karnataka and is playing the role of Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha from February 2021. He has been a minister in many ministries from the Railways to the UPA government.
3. Digvijay Singh: Digvijay Singh has already indicated to contest for the post of Congress President. However, he had said that he would contest the elections if the high command asked him. This is the reason why Digvijay Singh is also likely to contest the elections. At present, he is a member of Rajya Sabha.
4. KC Venugopal: KC Venugopal is also now in the race for the post of Congress President. If sources are to be believed, he can also file nomination for the post of Congress President. At present he is a Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan.
5. Manish Tewari: There is also speculation about the name of veteran Congress leader Manish Tewari. If sources are to be believed, Manish Tewari is also contemplating contesting for the post of Congress President. However, by September 30, the last date for filing nominations, it will be decided who are the contenders for this post.
When is the election for the post of Congress President
It is noteworthy that the notification for the election of the Congress President has been issued and according to the announced schedule, the process of filing nomination papers will continue from September 24 to 30. The last date for withdrawal of nomination papers is October 8. In case of more than one candidate, voting will be held on October 17 and results will be declared on October 19.
Tags: Ashok gehlot, Congress, Congress President, rajasthan news
FIRST PUBLISHED : September 27, 2022, 11:03 IST