Praveen Kaswan also shared a picture which he himself took. In this picture, the king is seen eating a snake. King cobra is not called king just like that. They contain a large amount of poison. It is the only snake species in the world that makes a nest. They do not like the presence of humans. Their favorite food is rat snake.
There is a lot of discussion about King Cobra on social media. In such a situation, people also want to know by searching on Google how the king cobra is. In this story of ‘Jungle News’, read further 10 interesting things about the king of snakes.
1. The king cobra can be up to 6 meters long. There is so much poison in it that even if it bites an elephant, it is impossible to survive.
2. It can live up to 20 years. King cobras live in nests. The female cobra lays her eggs in it.
3. They do not like the presence of humans. Perhaps this is the reason why humans rarely see them.
4. An interesting thing is also told that it is not necessary to leave poison in the human body after biting the cobra. It may also happen that he bites without poison.
5. King Cobra is also worshiped in India as a sacred snake.
6. Apart from India, these snakes are found in China and many countries of Asia.
7. King Cobra is one of the protected animals under Wildlife Conservation in India. It is considered a peace-loving or non-aggressive snake. This is the reason that the incidence of their bites is less.
8. The interesting thing is that the king cobra snake can erect its hood up to a height of one and a half meters from the ground, which makes its shape look very scary. The picture above is also the same.
9. They can also swim in water, so king cobras are seen around the pond or lake.
10. They are so dangerous that they can spew poison up to 3 meters away. One drop of their poison can take away the eyesight forever. Their bite can kill a person in less than 30 minutes. If they hiss, they make a different sound.
In such a situation, it is wise to participate if you see a king cobra. This king of snakes is a poison factory.