Ammonia Gas Leaked in Balasore Plant: 28 laborers fell ill due to ammonia gas leak at F factory in Balasore, Odisha, who had to be admitted to the hospital. Most of the workers who got sick from the gas leak are women. On Wednesday (September 28), this accident happened in the unit of a Prawn Processing Plant in Balasore.
Chief District Medical Officer Dr. Julalsen Jagdev informed that 28 people were admitted to the local community health center in Kantapara, out of which 15 people were referred to Balasore. The official said that so far only seven laborers have been shifted to the Balasore district headquarters hospital, out of which four are in critical condition and three people have been discharged from the hospital.
While 28 were admitted to the local community health center at Khantapada, 15 are referred to Balasore. Till now only 7 workers were shifted to Balasore district headquarters hospital and out of them 4 are in serious condition & 3 are discharged: Dr Julalsen Jagdev, Balasore CDMO pic.twitter.com/O4XtSKme0G
— ANI (@ANI) September 29, 2022
The plant is owned by the son of former BJD MP
According to media reports, the plant where the accident took place is owned by Rabindra Jena, the son of a former MP of the ruling Biju Janata Dal. The accident happened at around 7 pm on Wednesday at the Highland Seafood Processing Center located in Gadabhanga village of Kantapara. As soon as the information about the accident was received, the local police immediately reached the spot and started investigation. According to local media, nine laborers, including five women, were admitted to Fakir Mohan Medical College and Hospital when their condition deteriorated. According to the police, no one has died in the accident. Police said that nine laborers were in the grip of excessive leakage of ammonia gas, due to which their condition is critical.
According to sources, gas started leaking in the plant at around 4.30 pm on Wednesday and after that it spread throughout the unit. Due to the accident, there was chaos on the spot. People started having trouble breathing. Many workers told that they were unable to breathe due to the gas. More updates are yet to come in the matter.
read this also
Blast in Jammu: Udhampur stunned by blasts, second blast in last eight hours, investigation from terrorist angle
Surgical Strike: When the Indian Army did a surgical strike by entering Pakistan, this is how the Uri attack was avenged