Congress furious over the release of Rajiv Gandhi’s killers
Singhvi said – will use whatever options are available
The opinion of the party is completely different from the views of Sonia Gandhi.
New Delhi. The Congress has expressed its displeasure over the release of the convicts in the former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi assassination case. Not only this, Congress has even said that the party does not agree with Sonia Gandhi’s opinion in this matter. Senior Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi said that Sonia Gandhi has the right to cast her vote. But, I say with all due respect that the party does not agree with his view and this has also been clearly conveyed to him.
Singhvi told the media on Friday that we will use whatever options we have in this matter. We will not let the sacrifice of Rajiv Gandhi go in vain. There is an appeal to our court not to release the culprits. To kill the former PM is to attack the very existence of India. There is no politics in it. No one can be released in such an offence.
Attack on PM is not a common crime
Singhvi said that attack on PM cannot be a common crime. The state government was supporting the culprits. Because of that the court had to give such a decision. The central government did not disagree with the opinion of the state government. Our judicial system did not take care of the sentiments of the people. Congress opposes the release of such heinous criminals. He said that there are lakhs of people in Indian jails who are lodged without any crime. By ignoring them, you are releasing the criminals.
Singhvi asked these questions
- What kind of treatment can be given in the crime which is related to the death of PM?
- How will the court refuse to release such a criminal in future?
- If Rajiv Gandhi’s killers are being released because of good behavior in jail, then there are lakhs of people in Indian jails who are lodged without a crime. By ignoring them you are releasing criminals
- attack on prime minister or former prime minister is not attack on existence from india
- It is wrong to pay attention to the opinion of the state government
- It is wrong to use Article 142 in this case.
Tags: Delhi news, Rajiv Gandhi
FIRST PUBLISHED : November 11, 2022, 17:35 IST