Historical Event on 3rd December: The last month of the year 2022, December has started. Today is the third day of this month i.e. 3rd December. If you look at this day from the prism of history, then many such incidents will be seen which can hardly be forgotten. Some of these incidents were good and some were bad as well. Talking about the worst incident recorded on 3 December, it is the Bhopal Gas Tragedy. On December 3, 1984, there was a leakage of poisonous gas from the Union Carbide insecticide plant in Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh, and thousands of people died and thousands were injured in this accident. Hockey wizard Major Dhyanchand also passed away on this date. Apart from these, there are many such incidents in the country and the world which happened on 3 December. Let us know about some such major incidents.
Historical events that happened on 3 December
- 1790 : It was on this day that Lord Cornwallis took away the authority of criminal justice administration from the Nawab of Murshidabad and moved the Sadar Nizamat Adalat to Calcutta.
- 1829 : Viceroy Lord William Bentinck banned the practice of sati in India.
- 1882 : Nandlal Bose, one of the pioneers of modern Indian painting, was born on this day.
- 1884 : Birth of the country’s first President Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
- 1889 : Birth of Khudiram Bose. This son of Mother India sacrificed his life for the freedom of the country.
- 1920 : Turkey and Armenia agreed on a peace deal.
- 1937 : Birth of Indian linguist Binod Bihari Verma.
- 1959 : State of emergency ends in Cyprus.
- 1971 : War broke out between India and Pakistan and the President declared emergency in the country. The culmination of the war was the rise of Bangladesh.
- 1979 : Hockey wizard Dhyan Chand passed away.
- 1979 : Iran adopted the Islamic constitution.
- 1982 : Birth of Indian woman cricketer Mithali Raj.
- 1984 : Thousands of people died due to the leakage of poisonous gas from Union Carbide’s pesticide plant in Bhopal and several times more people fell ill. It is counted among the world’s worst industrial tragedy.
- 2011: Bollywood actor Dev Anand passed away.
read this also
Exclusive: CM Arvind Kejriwal said – BJP voters are tired, predicted seats in MCD