By Election In Six States: Voting is being held today for the by-elections in Uttar Pradesh’s Mainpuri Lok Sabha seat and 6 assembly seats in five states. There is a tough fight between the Samajwadi Party and the BJP on the Mainpuri seat vacated by the death of SP patron Mulayam Singh Yadav. While SP has fielded Dimple Yadav, Raghuraj Singh Shakya is trying his luck from BJP.
By winning this seat, SP wants to show who is the real successor of Mulayam Singh. Today the fate of all the candidates of 6 seats will be sealed in EVMs. On the one hand, it is a bet of legacy for the SP, and on the other, a golden opportunity for the BJP to make a mark on this stretch.
BJP is adopting every trick to win the election. Even before filing the nomination, the BJP candidate had said that Mulayam Singh Yadav is his leader and Shivpal is his political guru. Apart from this, voting is going on today for the by-elections in Rampur Sadar and Khatauli, Padampur in Odisha, Sardarshahar in Rajasthan, Kudhani in Bihar and Bhanupratappur assembly seats in Chhattisgarh.
10 big updates regarding elections
- Voting is being held for the Mainpuri Lok Sabha by-election and a total of 6 assembly seats in Bihar, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh. Complete preparations have been made regarding security.
- Azam Khan was sentenced to 3 years after giving a hate speech on Rampur Sadar assembly seat, due to which the Rampur Sadar assembly seat became vacant. That’s why by-elections are being held here.
- Vikram Singh Saini, the BJP MLA from Khatauli seat in Uttar Pradesh, was disqualified from his MLA membership after he was sentenced to two years in a case related to the Muzaffarnagar riots. Since then this seat is vacant.
- SP leader Azam Khan has made a serious allegation in UP’s Rampur. They say that vandalism is being done here, people are being arrested and beaten up. The police is stopping people from casting their votes by going to the mohallas. People are being threatened.
- SP MP RG Yadav has also alleged that voting is not being allowed in Rampur. People get beaten up every day. He said that he is the same SSP who was removed from Firozabad on complaints during the elections. There is no one here to listen to the people.
- Abhay Ram Yadav, brother of late Mulayam Singh Yadav, patron of the Samajwadi Party of Uttar Pradesh, cast his vote at Abhinav Vidyalaya in Saifai, Etawah. He has claimed that the Samajwadi Party will win with a huge margin.
- Congress candidate from Bhanupratappur constituency in Chhattisgarh, Savitri Mandavi casts her vote in Kanker for the bypoll to the assembly seat. He said that the trend of the voters is in favor of the Congress.
- MP Ram Gopal Yadav cast his vote for Mainpuri by-election. He said that the victory of Dimple Yadav is certain. He will get three times more votes than Mulayam Singh Yadav.
- In the midst of voting on Mainpuri Lok Sabha seat, SP has accused BJP leaders of hooliganism. The SP claimed in a tweet that BJP leaders are doing hooliganism in the Karhal assembly.
- The direct challenge in the by-elections in Bihar’s Kudhani assembly is between BJP and JDU. This is the first time after the break-up of the BJP-JDU alliance, when both are standing directly in front of each other.
read this also:
Gujarat Assembly Elections: Gujarat elections: ‘Youth and women should vote in large numbers’, PM Modi and Amit Shah’s appeal before voting