Chhath Puja 2023: Chhath festival has started. On the first day there will be Nahay Khay and then Kharna and on the next day Chhath Puja. The first Arghya will be offered to the setting sun on 19th November. Thekua has special significance in Chhath. It is made for Prasad. Arghya is offered to Lord Sun from Thekua only. After Parana, this Thekua is distributed to the people as Prasad. Even those who do not perform Chhath Puja, like the taste of Thekua. If you are fasting on Chhath for the first time, then we are telling you a very easy recipe to make Thekua. With which you can make Chhath Prasad Thekua at home.
Ingredients required to make Thekua (Thekua Ingredients In Hindi)
1 kg flour
500 grams jaggery
1 tablespoon fennel
5 -6 dates
8-10 raw peanuts
2-4 black peppers
Desi ghee or oil for baking
Method to make Thekua (Thekua Recipe In Hindi)
- To make Thekua, first clean and grind peanuts, fennel, dates, small cardamom, cloves and black pepper thoroughly.
- Put jaggery in a vessel, add 1 small glass of water in it, soak the jaggery and then mix it well.
- Mix some grated coconut and all the crushed spices in jaggery water.
- Now mix this water little by little and knead a soft dough. Take care that the dough should not be too tight or soft.
- Make small balls from the dough and shape them by placing them in the mold for making Thekua.
- If there is no mould, then press the dough lightly with your palm on the chakla and make a design with the help of a fork.
- Heat ghee or oil in a large pan on the gas and when the oil becomes hot, add thekua to it one by one.
- You have to bake it on medium flame until it turns brown. When thekua becomes golden brown from both the sides, take it out.
- Chhath Prasad Thekua is ready. Keep Thekua in a clean place and eat it only after the puja.
- You can also keep it stored for several days. This thekua does not spoil quickly.
The easiest way to make maize and millet roti, the roti will be very thin and round.
Latest Lifestyle News