The list of holidays is also different for different states.
It may be that one day a holiday in some states and banks are open in other states.
The Reserve Bank issues a list of bank holidays in every calendar year.
New Delhi. The month of October is called the month of festivals in India. Many major festivals of the year fall in this month. In October, some more festivals including Durga Puja, Dussehra, Diwali (Diwali 2022), Chhath Puja will be celebrated. This is the reason that October will be full of holidays and banks will work for only 9 days in the whole month. That is, 21 days will be a holiday in banks. Therefore, if you also have some important banking work, which you have to settle by going to the bank branch, then it will be fine if you complete them this month itself.
The Reserve Bank issues a list of bank holidays in every calendar year. It is important to know here that banks across the country will not be closed for 21 days in October. The list of holidays which has been released by RBI, many of these holidays are of national level. Banking services will remain closed across the country on that day. At the same time, some holidays are of local or regional level. On those days, bank branches are closed only in the states connected with it. The list of holidays is also different for different states.
Also read- This 110 year old bank will be closed today, will the money of the customers deposited in the bank sink?
Use online services on holidays
Most of the services of banks are available online. Mobile banking and net banking have eased many problems of the customers. Therefore, if you have important banking work on the day of bank holiday, then you should definitely take information about the online services of the bank. It is possible that the work you have to do will be done online. However, there are still many such works, which are done only by visiting the bank branch. When the bank is closed, some important work of many customers gets stuck. Therefore every bank customer should be aware of bank holidays.
Also read- Bank FD: This private bank announced to pay more interest on fixed deposits, know the new rates
Bank Holiday October, 2022
- 1 October – Half yearly closing of the bank (holiday across the country)
- 2 October – Sunday and Gandhi Jayanti holiday (holiday across the country)
- October 3 – Maha Ashtami (Durga Puja) (Banks will remain closed in Agartala, Bhubaneshwar, Guwahati, Imphal, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi)
- October 4 – Mahanavami / Birthday of Srimanta Sankardev (holiday in Agartala, Bangalore, Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Chennai, Gangtok, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi, Shillong, Thiruvananthapuram)
- 5 October – Durga Puja/Dussehra (Vijay Dashami) (holiday across the country)
- 6 October – Durga Puja (Dasain) (Holiday in Gangtok)
- October 7 – Durga Puja (Dasai) (Banks will remain closed in Gangtok)
- 8 October – Second Saturday Holiday and Milad-e-Sharif/Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi (Holiday in Bhopal, Jammu, Kochi, Srinagar and Thiruvananthapuram)
- 9 October – Sunday
- 13 October – Karva Chauth (holiday in Shimla)
- 14 October – Eid-e-Milad-ul-Nabi (Holiday in Jammu, Srinagar)
- 16 October – Sunday
- 18 October – Kati Bihu (Holiday in Guwahati)
- 22 October – Fourth Saturday
- 23 October – Sunday
- 24 October – Kali Puja/Diwali/Narak Chaturdashi) (holiday all over the country except Gangtok, Hyderabad and Imphal)
- 25 October – Lakshmi Puja/Diwali/Govardhan Puja (holiday in Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal and Jaipur)
- 26 October – Govardhan Puja/Vikram Samvat New Year Day/Bhai Dooj/Diwali (Bali Pratipada)/Lakshmi Puja/Entrance Day (Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bengaluru, Dehradun, Gagtak, Jammu, Kanpur, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Shimla, Srinagar I will be on holiday)
- 27 October – Bhai Dooj / Chitragupta Jayanti / Laxmi Puja / Deepawali / Ningol Chakkuba (holiday in Gangtok, Imphal, Kanpur, Lucknow)
- 30 October – Sunday
- 31 October – Birthday of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel / Surya Shashthi Dala Chhath (morning arghya) / Chhath Puja (Holiday in Ahmedabad, Ranchi and Patna)
Tags: Bank Holiday, bank holiday list, Banking, Business news in hindi
FIRST PUBLISHED : September 23, 2022, 07:52 IST