Avocado contains monosaturated fatty acids which reduce bad cholesterol.
Bad cholesterol is reduced by the consumption of almonds and other dry fruits obtained from the tree.
Food to reduce high cholesterol in winter: Cholesterol is a sticky substance that participates in many body processes. Cholesterol has an important role in the formation of our body’s cells, vitamins and hormones, but its excessive amount is very harmful for the body. Actually, there are two types of cholesterol. High density cholesterol (HDL) and low density cholesterol (LDL). LDL cholesterol is called bad cholesterol because it accumulates in the arteries of the blood and blocks the flow of blood, due to which there is unnecessary pressure on the heart and causes many diseases.
Bad cholesterol increases due to the consumption of wrong food and avoidance of healthy things. Bad cholesterol increases with things made from saturated fat i.e. palm oil, coconut oil, refined oil etc. The increase in bad cholesterol increases the risk of heart attack, heart failure, stroke etc. It is a matter of concern that the possibility of increasing cholesterol in winter is more. Therefore, people who already have BP problem, they should consume healthy things in their diet so that bad cholesterol can be reduced and good cholesterol can increase.
Also read- Use of honey and garlic is beneficial in high blood pressure, know other health benefits
Increase the intake of these things to reduce bad cholesterol in winter
- JE’s Oatmeal or OatmealAccording to the Mayo Clinic, JE porridge is very beneficial in reducing bad cholesterol. It contains soluble fiber which lowers LDL. Apart from oatmeal, whole grains or sprouted grains, apples and satalu are also helpful in reducing bad cholesterol. You can consume these things during breakfast in the morning.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acid-Consumption of omega-3 fatty acids reduces bad cholesterol. Omega-3 fatty acids are found in abundance in oily fish. Apart from this, it also removes the problem of blood pressure and blood clotting. Having adequate amounts of omega-3 fatty acids in the body greatly reduces the risk of sudden death. Apart from fish, omega-3 fatty acids are also found in chia seeds, mustard seeds, flaxseeds etc. They have the ability to increase good cholesterol or healthy cholesterol. The highest good cholesterol can be found in salmon, tuna fish. In winter, eat fruits with seeds like chia seeds, ragi, linseed seeds, jowar, millet etc.
- Almond-Bad cholesterol is reduced by the consumption of almond kernels and other dry fruits obtained from the tree. A recent study has also found that even in people who already have heart complications, the consumption of walnuts reduces all this. Walnuts are rich in multi-vitamins and antioxidants. Due to this, bad cholesterol is greatly reduced and good cholesterol increases. Although all types of dry fruits contain more calories, so almonds should not be consumed in excess.
- avocado-Avocado contains monosaturated fatty acids which reduce bad cholesterol. A research has found that daily consumption of avocado keeps the heart healthy and reduces bad cholesterol. It is helpful in reducing weight for people suffering from obesity. Avocado can be eaten as a salad.
5. Green leafy vegetable- Green leafy vegetables are the biggest source of healthy food. Whatever seasonal green vegetables are there, their consumption prevents many diseases. Spinach, cauliflower, cabbage, tomato etc. are helpful in reducing bad cholesterol. Along with this, give up the consumption of alcohol and cigarettes. And exercise daily.
Tags:, Health tips, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : November 06, 2022, 15:03 IST