‘Iconic’ Lambretta scooter to return in India, high power scooters to be launched
Lambretta scooter is about to make a comeback in the Indian market.
The company will launch high power electric scooter.
The company will launch its first scooter in 2024.
New Delhi. Iconic two wheeler brand Lambretta is all set to make a comeback in India. According to a new media report, the company will return to the Indian market in a bigger and better avatar. The company will restart its business in the market under a joint venture with Bird Group.
Range of High Powered Scooters
The company will launch a range of high powered scooters in India. This includes the G, V and X models. In the year 2023, the company will launch models with engines of 200cc and 350cc. The company will also launch an electric scooter in 2024. According to a media publication, the company’s owner Walter Scheffrahn said that the company will invest $ 200 million in the Indian market in the next 5 years in India.
Also read: Tata’s ‘Special’ Edition Cars In The Market, Superhit Models From Harrier To Safari
Manufacturing will start from 2024
The new scooters will be positioned as high-end models and are expected to cost around 20% over the most expensive model on sale in our market. Lambretta holds 51% in the joint venture, while the remaining 49% is held by Bird Group. The company will initially launch Completely Built Unit (CBU) and SKD models in 2023. The company will start local manufacturing from 2024.
Also read: Tata Punch EV can be cheaper than Rs 10 lakh, when will it be launched?
The electric Lambretta scooter will be publicly showcased at the Milan Motorcycle Show in 2023 and the same model could be produced locally in India. Lambretta currently has a presence in around 70 countries and the scooters are manufactured in Europe and South East Asia. The manufacturing unit in India could be its largest unit and the European brand will use this plant for the export market.
Be the first to read breaking news in Hindi News18 Hindi | Today’s latest news, live news updates, read the most reliable Hindi news website News18 Hindi |
Tags: auto news, Car Bike News, Electric Scooter
FIRST PUBLISHED : September 06, 2022, 12:14 IST