Yogini Ekadashi Vrat 2022: Yogini Ekadashi fasting is on Friday, June 24. This fast is kept on Ashadh Krishna Ekadashi. Lord Vishnu and Mata Lakshmi are worshiped on the day. It is believed that due to the effect of this fast, the fasting person gets virtuous results. Also salvation is attained after death. By observing Yogini Ekadashi fasting with rituals, all the sins are erased and there is happiness and prosperity in life. Let us know what things should be kept in mind during Yogini Ekadashi fast.
What to do and what not to do on this day
- By following some rules on the day of Yogini Ekadashi, one can avoid many troubles of life like –
- Oil should not be used on this day. This results in loss of money.
- Do not sleep till late on this day nor do any kind of immoral act.
- On this day, bathe in water with Ganges water and wear yellow clothes.
- Do not use any type of soap while bathing.
- Hair should not be washed during the day and neither hair nor nails should be cut.
- Do not eat rice on Ekadashi or allow anyone to eat at home.
- On the day of Ekadashi fast, chant Narayan in the mind.
- Do not insult any women on this day, otherwise Mother Lakshmi will get angry.
- Do worship of Tulsi in the evening and light a lamp of pure ghee near Tulsi.
- On this day, chant the mantra ‘Om Vasudevaya Namah’ and circumambulate Tulsi 11 times.
- Do Jagran in the night and do jaap or kirtan of God.
- Do not let any kind of bad and negative thoughts come in your mind.
- Do not pluck leaves from any tree or burn them during Yogini Ekadashi fast.
Also read :- Ravi Pradosh Vrat 2022: Know when is the first Pradosh fast of the month of Ashadh, worship in this way
Ratneshwar Mahadev Temple: Know which is the temple of India, which stays under water for 8 months
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not endorse any kind of validation, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.