Masik Shivratri 2022: Shiva’s beloved Shivratri is celebrated on the Chaturdashi of Krishna Paksha of every month, which is called Masik Shivratri. This time in the month of Agahan, the monthly Shivratri fast will be observed on 22 November 2022. Shivratri symbolizes the confluence of Shiva and Shakti. It is believed that worshiping Shankar-Parvati on this day brings happiness and peace in married life. On the other hand, unmarried girls observe this fast to get a suitable groom. There is special importance of worshiping Shiva in the month of Marshish in the scriptures. Let us know the importance of worshiping Shiva in Marshish and what not to do on the day of Shivratri.
Importance of worshiping Shiva in the month of Marshish
Since time immemorial, the month of Margashirsha has been considered very important. According to the Vedas, this month is most special because of its name being at the top among all the months. In Satyug, the new year used to start from this month. It is also called Agahan, Agahan means one who lives ahead, that is, it was considered the first month of the year. According to the Parvati section of Shiva Purana, the marriage of Lord Shiva and Parvati was fixed in the month of Margashirsha itself. It is believed that one who worships Shiva-Shakti on the monthly Shivratri in a month, his life is filled with happiness.
Do not do this mistake in monthly Shivratri Puja
- Do not offer Tulsi Dal to Shiva even by mistake in the worship of monthly Shivratri. Tulsi is prohibited in the worship of Shankar. Shiva gets angry on doing this.
- Stay away from Tamasic food (garlic, onion, non-vegetarian) and alcohol in the night before Masik Shivratri.
- Bholnath is considered the god of destruction, he is called Vairagi. Do not offer kumkum, turmeric to Shiva in worship on this day.
- If you have taken a vow to worship all the four hours during the monthly Shivratri fast, then open the fast only after completing it. Wake up at night and anoint Bholebhandari in all four hours. After taking the vow of fasting, the worship goes in vain if it is not fulfilled.
- Don’t wear black colored clothes in worship on this day. It is considered inauspicious. Don’t accept the prasad that is offered while touching the Shivling. It should be distributed among Brahmins or other people.
- Use only gold, silver or bronze vessels for anointing the Shivling. Do not use steel-plastic utensils.
Chanakya Niti: This one thing is the biggest reason for human’s sorrow, if it is controlled then life will be filled with happiness
Disclaimer: The information provided here is based on assumptions and information only. It is important to mention here that ABPLive.com does not confirm any kind of recognition, information. Before applying any information or assumption, consult the concerned expert.