Missed your train, don’t take tension, railway will refund the ticket money, this is the complete process of getting refund
You have to file TDR for refund.
TDR can be filed online and offline.
Money is not returned without filing TDR.
Train Ticket Refund- Missing the train is not a big deal. Many times due to our late arrival, we are not able to catch our train, and sometimes someone misses his train by getting stuck in the traffic. Overall, the thing is that every day a large number of passengers in the country are unable to board the train in which they had booked the ticket. This is the reason why even on the internet Can I get refund if I missed train means that if I have missed my train, can I get a refund, there is a lot of search. The good thing is that even if you miss your train, you can get a refund of the money paid for the train ticket.
According to the railway ticket refund rule, if you are not able to catch the train by which you are going to travel and you are unable to travel, then in this situation you can get the ticket money back. Yes, to get the refund you have to fulfill certain conditions. You will have to do some paperwork for the refund.
read this also- Vande Bharat Express will soon be seen running fast in the Northeast, Route and Time Table released, check quickly
Refund can be taken by filling TDR
For refund you have to file TDR (Ticket Deposit Receipt-TDR). You can file TDR within one hour of train departure from the charting station. The facility of filing TDR is provided to the passenger online and offline by the Railways. TDR for refund is issued by Railways only. It may take up to 60 days to process the refund.
TDR cannot be filled online on I-ticket
I-ticket can be booked online. This ticket is available in paper form. Online application cannot be made for refund of I-tickets in case of missed train. For this, TDR will have to be taken by submitting the I-ticket to the station master. Then fill it up and send it to GGM (IT), Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited, 1st Floor, Internet Ticket Centre, IRCA Building, State Entry Road, New Delhi 110055.
How to file TDR online like this
- Log-in to your IRCTC account.
- Click on Booked Ticket History.
- Select the PNR for which TDR is to be filed and then click on File TDR.
- Select the name of the passenger from the ticket details to get TDR refund.
- Select the reason for filing TDR from the list or click on “Other” to enter another reason.
- Now click on the submit button.
- If you have selected the “Other” option then the text box will open.
- Submit it by writing the reason for the refund.
- Confirmation will appear to file TDR.
- Click on OK when all the details are correct.
- TDR Entry Confirmation page will display PNR Number, Transaction ID, Reference Number, TDR Status and Reason.
Tags: business news in hindi, Indian Railways, train, railway knowledge, train tickets
FIRST PUBLISHED : May 21, 2023, 11:03 AM