If there is a deficiency of omega 3, it increases the problem like ear, weak memory, dry skin, heart problem.
The problem of joint pain and stiffness starts to go away by taking omega-3 fatty acid supplement.
Symptoms of Omega 3 Deficiency: Food is needed to keep the body alive and it is necessary to have a balance of all kinds of nutritious elements in the food. As soon as the balance of nutrients deteriorates, diseases start settling in our body. Omega 3 fatty acid is one such nutrient which is found in very small amounts in the body but due to deficiency of omega 3, the risk of many diseases increases. Deficiency of omega 3 fatty acids can increase problems like fatigue, weak memory, dry skin, heart problems, mood swings, depression. Actually, omega 3 fatty acids are part of the cell membrane of each cell. It acts as a cell receptor. Omega 3 is responsible for the formation of hormones and it regulates blood clotting, constriction and relaxation. It is due to Omega 3 that the arteries and the wall of the heart get narrowed. Apart from this, it does not allow swelling in the muscles of the heart.
Also read- Can diabetes be controlled with metabolic surgery, know what experts say
Symptoms of Omega 3 Fatty Acid Deficiency
- skin dryness,healthline According to the news, if there is a deficiency of omega-3 fatty acids in the body, then its first sign starts appearing on the skin. Due to this the skin starts getting dry and starts to irritate. In some cases pimples also start coming out. Omega 3 binds the skin and prevents the loss of moisture in it. Its deficiency causes many skin related diseases.
- depression-Omega 3 is an essential component of the brain. It has anti-inflammatory properties that prevent swelling in the brain. Omega 3 protects against brain disease Alzheimer’s, dementia and bipolar disease. Therefore, when there is a deficiency of Omega 3 in the body, symptoms like depression start.
- joint painWith ageing, joint pain and stiffness become a common problem. This can lead to arthritis. In this, the cartilage covering the bone starts breaking down. Due to this, swelling starts under the joints. Some research has found that taking omega-3 fatty acid supplements can help relieve joint pain and stiffness.
- hair changesOmega 3 helps in keeping the skin moisturised. It also helps in keeping hair healthy. If there is a deficiency of Omega 3, then the texture and thickness of the hair starts changing.
- fatigue-Fatigue starts due to deficiency of Omega 3. There is also a problem in sleeping. Although there can be many other reasons for this, but research has found that if omega 3 supplement is taken then fatigue goes away and sleep also improves.
How to make up for omega 3 deficiency
Omega 3 deficiency can be met by consuming plant-based foods such as flax seeds, chia seeds, walnuts, soybeans, spinach and sprouts. On the other hand, fish contains omega 3 fatty acids in non-veg. Apart from this, omega 3 fatty acids are also found in some sea food, eggs etc.
Tags: Health, health tips, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : December 01, 2022, 06:00 IST