These 5 vitamins are responsible for tooth decay, make up for its deficiency with these foods now, see the list
Vitamin K absorbs calcium from food and with the help of this calcium reaches the bones.
For oral health, it is necessary to consume green vegetables, fruits and good quality protein in the diet.
Vitamin Deficiency and Oral Health: There are many problems like accumulation of sticky dirt in between the teeth, swelling in the gums, pain in the jaws, due to which most of the people are troubled at one time or the other. Fungus or bacteria are responsible for this. But if the health of the teeth is good then there will be no attack of any external microorganisms. Fungus or bacterial attack also occurs only when there is a deficiency of some essential vitamins in our body. That is, due to lack of vitamins, serious problems like tooth decay, pain, swelling, yellowness come to the fore.
Gingivitis and periodontitis are common diseases related to teeth which often happen to people. Hygiene, smoking, wrong eating habits and some diseases can also be responsible for all this. For all this it is necessary that there should be no deficiency of vitamins in your body.
Also read- Fasting sugar report can also be wrong, learn from the doctor of Max Hospital how to get the right test done, here’s the way
Vitamins essential for dental health
1. Vitamin C-According to the news of Healthline, vitamin C forms the structural protein due to which collagen is formed. The important part of gums is made from collagen only. Many of the cells around the teeth that make up the teeth are made with the help of Vitamin C only. That’s why vitamin C is essential for the health of teeth. Vitamin C deficiency causes periodontitis disease.
2. Vitamin D- Vitamin D is required to maintain calcium and phosphate in the body. Vitamin D is very important for the health of the gums. Vitamin D strengthens the body’s ability to fight bacteria, due to which the risk of getting bacteria in the teeth is reduced.
3. Vitamin B Complex-It is very important to have vitamin B complex for the strength of teeth. A 2007 study found that vitamin B deficiency causes periodontitis. After this, it gets cured after giving vitamin B diet.
4. Vitamin ADue to lack of Vitamin A, the epithelial cells of the teeth start dying. Epithelial cells do not allow calcium, phosphate, magnesium and carbonates to escape from the enamel.
5. Vitamin KVitamin K is very important for the strength of teeth. Vitamin K absorbs calcium from food and with the help of this calcium reaches the bones. Hence the deficiency of Vitamin K is also responsible for the disease in the teeth.
How to meet the deficiency of these vitamins
For oral health, it is necessary to consume green vegetables, fruits and good quality protein in the diet. For vitamin A, eat carrots, sweet potatoes, spinach, cauliflower, cooked butter. For vitamin C, consume orange, strawberry, kiwi, capsicum, sprouts etc. On the other hand, oily fish, sunlight is necessary for vitamin D. Consume plant based diet for Vitamin K. Consumption of green tea, turmeric etc. also improves the health of teeth.
Read this too- These 5 foods will remove the dirt hidden from every corner of the liver, you will be away from diseases for life, try from today itself
Read this too- This leaf eliminates cholesterol from the root, sugar will also be controlled; know the unknown benefits
First read breaking news in Hindi News18 Hindi| Read today’s latest news, live news updates, most reliable Hindi news website News18 Hindi.
Tags: health, health tips, Lifestyle
FIRST PUBLISHED : February 08, 2023, 21:07 IST