Mother Katyayani’s complexion is very bright like gold and she has four arms. The upper hand on the right side of the mother which is in abhaya mudra and the lower hand which is in var mudra. Maa Katyayani holds a sword in the upper left hand and a lotus flower is adorned in the lower hand.
These days the holy festival of Shardiya Navratri is going on and Navratri is celebrated everywhere. Today is the sixth day of Navratri and this day is dedicated to Mother Katyayani. On this day there is a special law for worshiping Mother Katyayani. According to religious beliefs, Goddess Durga took this form to kill the demon named Mahishasura. This form of Maa Durga is considered quite violent and hence Maa Katyayani is also called the goddess of war. It is believed that by worshiping Mother Katyayani with reverence, a person attains Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha. According to mythology, Maa Bhagwati was born in the house of Maharishi Katyayan of Katya gotra and she was named Katyayani because of her birth as a daughter. So let’s know about the worship method of Maa Katyayani and her form:-
What is the nature of mother?
Mother Katyayani’s complexion is very bright like gold and she has four arms. The upper hand on the right side of the mother which is in abhaya mudra and the lower hand which is in var mudra. Maa Katyayani holds a sword in the upper left hand and a lotus flower is adorned in the lower hand. The mother’s vehicle is the lion. The picture of Maa Katyayani riding a lion with ten arms, weapons in all hands and bleeding the demon Mahishasura with a trident is very famous and you must have seen this form in many posters or calendars also.
Also read: If you are getting Jagran done in Navratri, then your wish will be fulfilled only after listening to the story of Tara Rani.
How to worship Maa Katyayani?
1. Wake up early in the morning and take bath and wear clean clothes, if possible, wear red colored clothes.
2, Now bathe the idol or picture of the mother with pure water or Gangajal.
3. Offer yellow colored clothes to Maa Katyayani.
4. After this, offer red colored flowers to the mother and apply tilak of Roli Kumkum.
5. After this, offer turmeric and honey to the mother, it is believed that the kheer made of honey is very dear to mother Katyayani, if possible, then offer kheer to the mother.
6. After this, take a vow of worship and do the aarti of the mother.
Importance of worshiping Maa Katyayani
1. According to religious beliefs, all the problems coming in marriage are removed by worshiping Mother Katyayani with devotion.
2. The worship of Maa Katyayani strengthens Jupiter in the horoscope.
3. By worshiping Maa Katyayani methodically, positive energy is obtained.
4. Worshiping the mother ends the fear of enemies.
5. Health related problems also end with the blessings of Maa Katyayani.