Young Players in FIFA WC 2022: 64 years ago, Pele of Brazil rocked the Football World Cup at the age of just 17. In the semi-finals of 1958, he scored a hat-trick of goals against France. Even in the final, he made his team the champion by scoring a strong goal against Sweden.
Michael Owen of England did something similar in the 1998 World Cup. At the age of 18, Owen made headlines by scoring a wonderful goal against Argentina in the pre-quarterfinals. In the last World Cup, at the age of 19, Mbappe repeated the same charisma as Pele, showing a strong game for France. Now this time also some young players are ready to show their strength.
1. Vinci Jr.: Although this 22-year-old young player from Brazil has already shown the performance of his strong game, but this time there will be some special expectations from him. This star forward player of Real Madrid has scored 10 goals and 5 assists.
2. Rodrigo: Rodrigo of Brazil can also shine in this World Cup. Rodrigo also plays for Real Madrid. Looking at more than one attacking player in the Brazilian team, it is possible that Rodrigo may not get a place in the starting line-up, but whenever he gets a chance, he will have special eyes on him.
3. Pedri: This 19 year old young midfielder from Spain plays from Barcelona. Pedri has won the title of Best Young Player in Euro 2020. Now their next target will be to shine in the World Cup.
4. Gavi: Gavi will also be seen in the Spain squad. Coach Luis Enrique has high hopes from this young star player of Barcelona. Gavi is currently only 18 years old.
5. Phil Foden: This star forward player of Manchester City is included in the England squad. 22-year-old Foden has won the Golden Ball in the Under-17 World Cup. In 2018 too, he was made a part of the World Cup squad, though that time he did not get much chance on the field. This time Foden can show his mettle.
Read this also…