Google Meet New group: Google Meet provides the facility to conduct high-quality video conferencing. Anyone with a Google Account can hold online meetings with up to 100 people for up to 60 minutes. Earlier this year, Google announced the merger of Meet features into the Duo app, which will help users easily schedule video conferences and video calls with an individual or group.
The merger of Duo and Google Meet creates a video calling platform across Google accounts that is available to everyone for free. However, there may be times when you need to call those groups of contacts immediately , with whom you do not already have a Google Meet group. To deal with such situations, Google Meet allows you to quickly create a new group and start a video call with the help of a few steps. Here we are telling you the step-by-step way to create a new group for Google Meet calls.
As per the recent update of Google Meet, the app will be available on multiple platforms including Zoom. With this update, Zoom Rooms and Google Meet devices will be able to join Google Meet meetings directly from their calendar or by entering a meeting code.
How to Create a New Group for Google Meet Calls
- Open the Google Meet app on your Android device.
- Tap on the New button available in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Tap on Call-a-Group option.
- Select all the contacts you want to add to the group call.
- Press the Next button available in the top right corner of the screen.
- To name the group, tap the pen icon. This group name will be visible to everyone in the group call.
- Press the START button to call group members to join the call.
Also read- Internet Explorer: Microsoft’s big decision, Internet Explorer will be closed in February 2023