File online complaint like this as soon as you become a victim of Cyber Fraud, your money can be saved
He received a call in which the cyber criminal said that a link has been sent to him to re-verify the courier information as he had given an incomplete address.
When the person clicked on the web link, money was asked in that link. First send Rs 5 to complete the process. The report said that after sending the amount, the army officer suffered a loss of Rs 19,000. When he came to know that he had been cyber-frauded, he called his bank to block the debit card. However, by then the fraudster has withdrawn Rs 34,000 from his account. If such an incident happens to you, we are telling you here how you can report it.
How to report Cyber Fraud:
The National Cyber Crime Reporting Portal (Helpline No. 1930) can be contacted for registering any complaint regarding cyber crime including cyber fraud. You can also approach the nearest police station to register your complaint. You can also register your complaint online through Cybercrime.gov.in.
How to make a cyber crime complaint online:
- First of all you have to go to https://cybercrime.gov.in.
- Then click on ‘File a Complaint’ on the homepage.
- Then read and accept the terms and conditions in the page that will open.
- Click on the ‘Report another cyber crime’ button.
- Select the option ‘Citizen Login’ and submit the details like name, email, phone number etc.
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered phone number and fill the captcha. Then click on submit button.
- Enter the details of the cyber crime you want to report in the form on the next page.
- The form is divided into four parts. Everyone has to fill well.
- After checking the details click on the submit button.
- Then you will be redirected to the page on incident details. Fill all the information here and click on Save and Next.
- After this, if you have any information about the cyber criminal, then enter it. Now verify the information and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- After this you will get a confirmation message stating that your complaint has been registered. Also you will get an email.