Always change the gears of the car according to the speed.
Do not accelerate the automatic vehicle suddenly.
Sudden braking and gear shifts also damage your vehicle.
New Delhi. Gear, this is a word that comes first when it comes to a car with both automatic and manual transmission. Gear is such a mechanism which looks very complex in appearance and understanding, but once understood in a simple way, it is one of the easiest and most useful mechanism of the car.
The gear is what drives your vehicle back and forth. Also, from the engine of your vehicle to the mileage, everything depends on it. Driving in the wrong gear also damages the engine, the mileage also drops, not only this, the body line of your vehicle also gets damaged due to the use of wrong gear. Because driving in the wrong gear causes more vibrations and makes a difference to the packing of the car. Now for when, how and at what speed to use the gear, first check whether you have automatic transmission car or mechanical. Let’s understand the math of gears.
manual gear math
To understand the math of manual gear, we have to understand which gear is perfect at what speed. For this, you have to keep in mind the power and speed generation capacity of the gear.
Knowing when and which granule is the gear is very important.
- 1st gear: For driving a parked vehicle and reaching a speed of 15 km/h.
- 2nd Gear: For a speed of 20 to 25 km/h.
- 3rd Gear: For a speed of 25 to 40 km/h.
- 4th gear: For a speed of 40 to 60 km/h.
- 5th gear: For speeds above 60 km/h.
- reverse gear: To back up the car. This is the most powerful gear.
Also read: Have you ever seen a moving marriage hall, Anand Mahindra tweeted the video of the unique vehicle
Although in automatic transmission, you do not need to change gears because the car detects the speed according to its sensors and gives gear shift, but still it is very important to see your driving habit regarding AT.
- Do not accelerate the vehicle suddenly during automatic transmission. This will rev the vehicle in a lower gear and will affect your engine as well as fuel consumption.
- Avoid sudden braking. Applying too fast brakes will also make the gear shift faster and damage your transmission.
- Use gear oil only which is recommended, adding different gear oil will damage the transmission.
- Try to select the manual option in the AT only in a parked vehicle, selecting in a moving vehicle puts a load on the transmission as well as the engine and gear wheels.
Also read: XUV 700 and Thar have a major flaw, Mahindra recalls vehicles
Tags: auto news, Car Bike News
FIRST PUBLISHED : September 29, 2022, 08:45 IST