Let us tell you that till now a debit card was required to activate UPI. In such a situation, users who did not have a debit card with a bank account, could not activate UIP. Aadhaar based UPI service has been started by PhonePe for such users.
Aadhaar Based UPI Activation Process
- First you need to download PhonePe app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- After this the PhonePe app has to be opened.
- After this you have to enter your mobile number and OTP in the app.
- After this, you have to visit the My Money page.
- After that tap on Payments methods mode.
- Here you have to click on the option of Add New Bank Account.
- After this, you have to select the bank for which you want to activate UPI.
- After this, the account will be linked to UPI after verification by PhonePe.
- After this, you will be asked to select Debit / ATM card or Aadhar card.
- Here you have to select the Aadhar card option.
- After this, the last 6 digits of the Aadhaar card have to be entered. And then the OTP received on the registered mobile number has to be entered.
- After entering the OTP, you have to set the UPI PIN and your PhonePe UPI process is complete.
Note Your mobile number must be registered with the bank for Aadhaar based UPI process.