These Android apps will make your phone completely useless, delete them today
McAfee’s mobile research team recently identified 16 Android apps on Google Play containing the Clicker trojan. Android users downloaded the infected apps more than 20 million times before Google removed them from the store. Just because you can’t find apps now doesn’t mean they aren’t on your phone or tablet. McAfee researchers show that the malicious code was inside several popular utility apps such as Flashlight, Task Manager and QR Reader.
Once installed, the malware starts browsing websites in the background without users’ knowledge, in order to generate fay views and clicks. Your ads are only benefiting fraud scammers, but there could be a deeper type on your device.
When your phone is browsing websites in the background, your battery life will decrease. This is what happens when you are browsing by yourself. If you have a weird app on your phone and your battery life isn’t what it used to be, now you can find out. You should remove any apps that use your phone as a click farm.
Here are the Android apps with Trojans discovered by McAfee researchers:
- High-Speed Camera (com.hantor.CozyCamera)
- Smart Task Manager (com.james.SmartTaskManager)
- Flashlight+ (kr.caramel.flash_plus)
- 달력메모장 (com.smh.memocalendar)
- K-Dictionary (com.joysoft.wordBook)
- BusanBus (com.kmshack.BusanBus)
- Flashlight+ (com.candlecom.candleprotest)
- Quick Note (com.movinapp.quicknote)
- Currency Converter (com.smartwho.SmartCurrencyConverter)
- Joycode (com.joysoft.barcode)
- Ezdica (com.joysoft.ezdica)
- Instagram Profile Downloader (com.schedulezero.instapp)
- Easy Notes (com.meek.tingboard)
- 손전등 (com.candlecom.flashlite)
- Calculator (com.doubleline.calculate)
- Flashlight+ (com.dev.imagevault)