Whatsapp Fraud: Nowadays the cases of online fraud are increasing. Online thieves are cheating people in various ways. Cases of online fraud and blackmailing are coming to the fore every day. Knowing the news that we are going to tell you today, you will be surprised to know. Hackers have carried out fraud-like incidents on the instant messaging platform WhatsApp. Recently one such case has come to the fore, in which thieves emptied the entire account of a woman through WhatsApp.
online thug cheated woman
A female teacher from Andhra Pradesh has been cheated on WhatsApp. According to the woman, she had only clicked on a link in the WhatsApp message, after which Rs 21 lakh disappeared from her account in a jiffy. The woman informed the police about this fraud. According to the police, cyber criminals first hacked the teacher’s phone through the link and then made several transactions from the bank account using the teacher’s mobile.
How do you avoid this type of fraud?
- Hacking the phone through the link is the easiest thing for cyber thugs. To avoid this, you need to be very careful. In particular, one should avoid clicking on messages and links from an unknown number.
- If you use WhatsApp Web a lot, then definitely log-out it after work.
- More care should be taken before doing WhatsApp web login on computer in office, cyber cafe or any other place.
- Now on WhatsApp also you are being given the option of fingerprint and password. In such a situation, you can also use this option for security.
- Along with this, you should also keep checking the linked device option of WhatsApp. If you see an unknown device, log out immediately.
Facebook Glitch: Error related to news feed in Facebook, users complained, know the whole story