Aadhaar Card Lock: Aadhar card is the identity of a common man in India. Aadhar card is an ID or identity card, but its work does not end here. Through Aadhar card, people buy from mobile number to vehicle. Apart from this, all the facilities of the Indian government can also be availed through this card. Now whether the citizen has to open his account in any bank, or to take admission somewhere or to do any other work, Aadhar card is required in all these and other such works.
Aadhar card contains important personal details of every person which includes biometrics of the people, such as fingerprints, iris and facial images. In today’s era amidst the growing concerns about data privacy and security, it is extremely important that you take full care of the safety of the biometrics data contained in your Aadhar card. Many such cases keep coming up every day in which people’s Aadhar card is misused. In such a situation, it is very important for an Aadhar card holder to know how to keep his information in the card safe. Knowing this, no other person will be able to misuse your Aadhar card.
UIDAI provides this facility
UIDAI i.e. Unique Identification Authority of India issues Aadhaar card to all citizens of India. UIDAI also allows locking and unlocking of Aadhaar card keeping in mind the safety of citizens. Once you lock your Aadhar card, then all your personal information of the card gets locked, after which no one will be able to misuse it. However, during this time you will not be able to use your Aadhar card on your own. In such a situation, if you lock your Aadhar card, then you will have to unlock it at the time of use. The feature of locking the Aadhar card can be more effective when your Aadhar card is known.
How to Lock and Unlock Aadhaar Card?
- For this you have to first go to the official website of UIDAI- www.uidai.gov.in.
- Here select ‘My Aadhaar’ and then click on ‘Aadhaar Services’.
- After this click on Lock / Unlock Biometrics.
- Now here enter your 12 digit Aadhar number and given captcha code. Along with this, select the Send OTP option.
- Then OTP will be received on your registered mobile number, enter it.
- Now you will get the option to lock/unlock the biometric data, which you can choose.
- By clicking on the Lock button, your biometric data will be locked and on clicking the Unlock button it will be unlocked.
Government will ban the arbitrariness of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, know the full news!