In ancient times, people used to use toothbrush made of acacia or neem wood to clean teeth. This was a natural way of brushing and helps in keeping teeth and gums clean. In today’s time, technology has come to clean teeth. Currently, both manual and electric toothbrushes are available in the market. But which brush is right for teeth? Let us know here…
Which one is more beneficial
Both electric and manual toothbrushes have their own benefits for cleaning teeth. According to experts, electric toothbrushes rotate at high speed and are able to reach every corner of the mouth and clean them. They thoroughly clean the plaque accumulated on teeth and gums. However, excessive use of them can harm the teeth. On the other hand, while brushing manually, we can control the pressure and time. It helps in strengthening teeth and gums. If used with proper technique, manual brush also provides good cleaning.
Know both inside
Electric toothbrush has a timer which tells us how long we are brushing. This helps in brushing for the right time. The electric brush can be easily rotated in any direction. But it needs charging. On the other hand, manual brushes do not have any timer. In this it is difficult to limit the rotation. But it does not require electricity to run and can be taken anywhere and used. Both brushes are effective in keeping teeth healthy. You can choose any one of these as per your need.
Some easy tips to keep teeth properly clean
- Use a good quality brush and toothpaste containing fluoride. It helps in keeping teeth clean.
- Don’t forget to floss after brushing daily. Floss removes remaining food debris.
- Hold the brush at an angle of 45 degrees and move it gently on the teeth and gums.
- Brush twice a day and after meals.
- Choose a brush with soft bristles so that it can easily remove plaque.
- By following these tips you can clean your teeth properly.