SA vs AFG Interesting Facts: South Africa and Afghanistan will face each other today (9 November) in the World Cup 2023. This match will start at 2 pm at Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. Till now these two teams have clashed only once in ODI cricket. The only match between them took place on 15 June 2019, in which the Proteas team defeated Afghanistan by 9 wickets using the Duckworth-Lewis rule. However, the Afghan team has become very strong in these four years.
Afghanistan has defeated teams like Pakistan, England and Sri Lanka in this World Cup. In such a situation, its match with South Africa is also expected to be exciting. However, the Afghan team is almost out of the race for the semi-finals and the Proteas team has already booked the ticket for the last-4. In such a situation, this match has no importance from the World Cup point of view. Well, some interesting statistics definitely seem to be making this match special.
- Batting first, South Africa has won 90.90% of its ODI matches this year. The Proteas team batted first in 11 ODIs this year and managed to win 10 of them. In such a situation, it will be interesting to see how Afghanistan stops them if the Proteas bat first.
- Afghanistan batsman Rahmat Shah is just 13 runs away from touching the mark of 4000 runs in ODI matches. If he scores so many runs in today’s match, he will be the fourth Afghan cricketer to complete four thousand ODI runs.
- If fast bowling all-rounder Marco Yansin takes one wicket today, he will become the highest wicket-taker for South Africa in a World Cup.
- Among all the batsmen who have scored more than 200 runs in the year 2023, South Africa’s Heinrich Klaasen has the highest strike rate. So far this year, Klaasen has scored runs at a strike rate of 148.67.
- In the World Cup 2023, South African batsman Rassie van der Dussen has become the victim of spinners 6 times in 8 matches. In such a situation, it remains to be seen how far he can stand against the Afghan spinners.
Team India Semi-Final Match: When, where and with whom will Team India face in the World Cup semi-finals? Know A to Z details here