Super Over Rules: The third and final T20 match of the three-match T20 series between India and Afghanistan was played at the M Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru. This match was very exciting. Two super overs were seen in this match. Batting first in this match, Team India scored 212 runs at the loss of 4 wickets. After this, Afghanistan also scored 212 runs at the loss of 6 wickets. Then the match reached the super over, where Afghanistan batted first and scored 16 runs. But Team India also scored 16 runs. In such a situation, it ended in a tie in the super over. After this another super was played where Team India won.
What is the rule of super over?
Super Over was introduced in T-20 cricket in 2008. At the same time, it was used for the first time in ODI in the year 2011. Super over is used when the scores of both the teams are equal. But to determine the result of the match, both the teams have got a chance to play one over each under the Super Over and the result of the match is determined.
Why was the Super Over played twice in the India-Afghanistan match?
Actually, the final match of the 2019 World Cup was tied. After this, the super over between the two teams also ended in a draw. In such a situation, the teams that hit more fours and sixes in the entire match were given victory, due to which the England team became the champion. For this decision of ICC, a lot of questions were raised on this rule. After this the ICC changed this rule. Under the new rule, the Super Over is now conducted until the result of the match is declared.
rules of super over
- A maximum of three players can bat from a team in a Super Over.
- Both teams get to play one over.
- The team that bats in the second innings of the match comes to bat first in the Super Over.
- No one player can do both batting and bowling.
- In a Super Over, the innings ends as soon as any team loses 2 wickets.
- The bowling team chooses from which end it will bowl.
- If the Super Over is also tied then the Super Over is played once again. In this Super Over, the team bats first which bats later in the first Super Over.
- Runs and wickets scored in the Super Over are not added to the record.
read this also
IND vs AFG: Result of 3rd T20 out in Super Over, India clean sweeps Afghanistan
IND vs AFG: Superhit performance of Rohit-Rinku pair, made this big world record
Latest Cricket News