Dharwad: A 16-year-old boy died of electrocution while playing cricket in Siddharma Colony of Dharwad district of Karnataka on Saturday. The deceased has been identified as Shreyas Shinnura, a class 10 student. His friend who tried to save him also suffered serious injuries and is currently undergoing treatment in hospital. According to the police, on Friday evening the boys were playing cricket in the upper part of the house, when while catching the ball, Shreyas came in contact with the electric wire. He was taken to a private hospital in critical condition where he died.
Shreyas was the only son of his parents.
Shreyas’s father Ashok Shinnura told that his only son had returned from school at 5 pm. He said that he had spent some time on his mobile phone before going to play cricket with his friend. He said, ‘After 10 minutes people called me and when I reached there I found Shreyas injured. We took him to the hospital, but he could not survive. Shreyas’s friend Pranav gets injured while trying to save him. At present he is undergoing treatment in the hospital. the police has started to investigate.
Two brothers lost their lives in Bengaluru
In another incident, two workers died of suffocation while allegedly cleaning an underground water tanker at a factory in Anekal taluka near Bengaluru. Police said that Chandan Rajvanshi (29), resident of Bihar, and his brother Pintu Rajvanshi (21), were working in the factory for some time. It is said that both the brothers came down to clean the tank on Wednesday evening, but screamed for help after feeling suffocated. He told that two people ran to help him and tried to pull him out, but both the brothers became unconscious and lost their lives.
Latest India News