Ladakh: Tuesday morning started with an earthquake in Leh Ladakh. Earthquake tremors were felt here in the early morning. Its intensity has been measured at 3.4 on the Richter scale. This earthquake occurred today at 5.39 am. This information has been given by the National Seismology Centre.
Relation between Richter scale and intensity of earthquake?
- Earthquakes on the 0 to 1.9 Richter scale can be detected only through seismographs.
- An earthquake measuring 2 to 2.9 on the Richter scale causes mild tremors.
- When an earthquake measuring 3 to 3.9 on the Richter scale occurs, it feels like a truck passing near you.
- An earthquake measuring 4 to 4.9 on the Richter scale can shatter windows. Frames hanging on the walls may fall.
- Furniture can move when an earthquake of 5 to 5.9 on the Richter scale occurs.
- An earthquake measuring 6 to 6.9 on the Richter scale may cause the foundation of buildings to crack. Upper floors may be damaged.
- Buildings collapse when an earthquake occurs on the 7 to 7.9 Richter scale. Pipes burst underground.
- When an earthquake on the 8 to 8.9 Richter scale occurs, buildings and even big bridges collapse.
- Complete devastation if an earthquake occurs on the Richter scale of 9 or more. If someone is standing in the field, he will see the earth swaying. Tsunami if the sea is near. In an earthquake, each scale of the Richter scale is 10 times more powerful than the previous scale.
read this also:
ED camped at Hemant Soren’s Delhi residence, BJP told CM absconding
Indian student brutally murdered in America, the murderer attacked him 50 times with a hammer; Indian Embassy gave statement
Latest India News