In winter, the taste is incomplete without mustard greens and corn roti. You will find mustard greens and maize roti at dhabas from Delhi to Punjab. If you want, you can easily make mustard greens at home also. It is very easy to make it. Mustard greens are considered very beneficial for health. Today we are telling you the recipe of making Punjabi style Sarson Ka Saag. Know how to make mustard greens.
Mustard greens recipe
- To make Sarson Ka Saag, you need 500 grams of mustard leaves, 250 grams of bathua and 250 grams of spinach.
- Keep in mind that the stalks of mustard leaves should not be too thick and the flowers should not be too many.
- Wash spinach and mustard thoroughly and take out bathua leaves and wash them too.
- Greens contain soil, so it is important to wash everything thoroughly 3-4 times.
- Now chop everything finely. If you wish, you can get these things cut while purchasing.
- Now take a big clove of garlic, 2 inches of ginger and 2-3 green chillies and chop them.
- Take a pressure cooker and put spinach, bathua and mustard in it and keep it on gas.
- Mix half a cup of water and light salt in the greens and let it cook for 1 whistle on medium flame.
- Turn off the gas and let the pressure cooker open. Now add chopped garlic, chilli and ginger to it.
- Mash it with a spoon or churner and cover the cooker with a plate and let it cook on low flame for about half an hour.
- Keep mashing the greens lightly in between and if there is less water, add some boiled water.
- After about 25 minutes, add 2-3 spoons of maize flour to the greens and mix it well.
- Now prepare tadka for greens. For this, heat 3-4 spoons of desi ghee and add 1 chopped onion in it.
- When the onion turns light brown, add 2 chopped green chillies, 8 cloves of garlic and 1 inch chopped ginger.
- Chop 1 big tomato, mix it and add salt as per taste and some coriander powder.
- When tomatoes are cooked, add prepared mustard greens to it. Now make tadka to add to the greens.
- For this, heat 1 spoon of ghee in the pan and add some cumin, asafoetida and some chopped garlic in it.
- Also add 2 chopped green chillies and 2 pieces of whole red chillies.
- Before serving the saag, pour this tadka over the saag in a bowl and eat it.
Prepare and eat apple jam in winter, it tastes like Rasgulla, this is the recipe which can be made in 10 minutes.
Latest Lifestyle News