It is very tasty to eat hot carrot halwa in winter. Be it a wedding or any party function, you will definitely get carrot halwa. Carrot Halwa is as delicious to eat as it is equally nutritious for health. Carrot halwa is made with mawa in the market, but today we are telling you how to make carrot halwa without mawa and only with milk. You can make more tasty carrot halwa at home than in the market. For this you neither need mawa nor milk powder, you can make tasty carrot halwa with just milk and carrots. Everyone, from children to adults, will love this carrot halwa. Know how to make carrot halwa at home?
Ingredients to make Carrot Halwa
To make carrot halwa, you have to take about 1 kg carrots. If the carrots are a little thick, it will be easier to grate them. Now you have to take about 1 1/2 liters of full cream milk. 250 grams of sugar is required to be added to the pudding. You can add some chopped cashews and almonds to it. If you like the taste of pistachios and raisins then you can add them also. By the way, the taste of just cardamom powder in carrot halwa also tastes good. You also need 1 tablespoon of desi ghee to sprinkle on top of the halwa.
Recipe for making carrot pudding with milk
- To prepare carrot halwa, first wash the carrots and peel them lightly. Now grate all the carrots.
- If you want to make halwa quickly, then add grated carrot to 1 cup of water and cook it in a pressure cooker for 1 whistle.
- If you want to make halwa easily, then cover the carrots in a pan on medium flame and keep them to cook.
- Keep stirring it occasionally and check whether the carrots have become slightly soft or not.
- If you have cooked carrots in the cooker, then add light ghee in the pan and thicken it on medium flame.
- Continue cooking the milk in another pan until it thickens. Keep stirring the milk otherwise it will stick to the bottom.
- When the milk thickens, add carrots to it and let it dry. Now add sugar to it and make it as thick as halwa.
- When carrot halwa is ready, add cardamom powder and finely chopped dry fruits.
- If you want, keep the carrots in milk to cook. Both things will thicken together.
- However, for this you will have to keep stirring it well in between.
- Carrot halwa, even tastier than halwai, is ready. Serve it to the guests who come to your house.
Make peanut chikki in 10 minutes, this jaggery gajak will drive away the cold
Latest Lifestyle News