Kheer is often prepared at home during festivals. You must have eaten rice kheer, sago kheer and vermicelli kheer many times, but you have rarely tasted cauliflower kheer. People who do not eat rice kheer in winter can make cabbage kheer and eat it. Kheer made from cauliflower tastes exactly like rabri. Its taste is such that after eating it once, you will want to eat this kheer again and again. Rice is cold in nature, but cabbage kheer is hot in nature. Cabbage kheer is eaten in Madhya Pradesh. It is very healthy for taste and health. Know the easy recipe of making Cabbage Kheer.
Ingredients to make Cabbage Kheer
Cauliflower – about 1 medium sized
Milk- 1.5 liters
Sugar- 250 grams
Chironji seeds- 20
Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
Desi ghee- 3 spoons
Recipe for making Cabbage Kheer
- To make kheer from cauliflower, first take out the florets of cauliflower and wash them with water.
- Now with the help of a grater, grate the cauliflower on a fine side.
- Put the cabbage in a pan and add 2 spoons of ghee in it. Now fry the cabbage until it turns golden.
- When the cabbage starts to smell slightly and turns brown in colour, add milk to the pan.
- Make the milk thick like rabri and add cardamom powder. Now mix sugar in milk.
- Add chopped cashews and almonds to the kheer and garnish it with chironji and raisins.
- While making kheer, keep in mind that you have to use only a thick bottomed pan or vessel.
- In a vessel with a light bottom, the kheer will stick to the bottom and start burning.
- While making cauliflower kheer, keep the gas flame medium and low.
Keep tri color sandwich in children’s tiffin on Republic Day, know the easy recipe
Latest Lifestyle News