The four-day ceasefire between Israel and Hamas has ended. As soon as the ceasefire ended, Israel became aggressive. The Israeli army has created an uproar with air strikes on Hamas targets. The Israeli army on Friday launched fierce attacks with fighter planes on Hamas positions in Gaza after the deadline for the ceasefire with Hamas expired. Due to this, the orgy of destruction has started again in Gaza. Israel has dropped leaflets in parts of southern Gaza, asking people to leave their homes in the city of Khan Yunis.
The leaflets also stated that Khan Yunis was now a “dangerous war zone”. Meanwhile, in the pictures coming from Gaza Strip, dense black smoke is visible over the area. Since the start of the war, most of Gaza’s population has moved to southern Gaza and taken refuge in Khan Yunis and other places. A large building in Khan Yunis was destroyed in airstrikes launched by Israel on Friday. Shortly thereafter, residents were seen searching for survivors in the debris. An injured person was taken away on a stretcher.
Multi-storey apartment demolished in attack
An apartment in a multi-storey residential building in the city of Hamad was damaged in the Israeli attack. Rescue workers began searching the debris of a large building hit by warplanes in the refugee camp of Magaji. Gaza health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qidra said 14 people were killed and dozens were injured in the Israeli strikes. On the other hand, sirens warning of rocket attacks started sounding in areas near Gaza in Israel, indicating that Hamas has also started attacks.
Israeli PM Netanyahu said this
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the war had resumed because Hamas violated the terms of the ceasefire. “Today it did not fulfill its obligation to release all female hostages and fired rockets at Israeli civilians,” he said in a statement. The temporary ceasefire between Israel and Palestinian extremist group Hamas is set to expire at 7 a.m. Friday. And just half an hour later the Israeli army announced the attack. This ceasefire had started a week earlier on 24 November. Initially it was for four days and then with the help of Qatar and Egypt, the country that helped in mediation, it was extended for two days and then for one more day.
More than 100 Israeli hostages released
Hamas and other groups in Gaza released more than 100 hostages, most of them Israelis, in a week-long ceasefire. In return, 240 Palestinians were released from Israeli prisons. So far most of the women and children have been released but some hostages are still in the custody of Hamas. Hamas has ruled Gaza for 16 years and it is believed that Hamas can set strict conditions for the release of the remaining hostages, especially the soldiers. More than a hundred hostages are still held in Gaza while the rest have been released. Qatar and Egypt, which played an important role in mediation, had tried to extend the ceasefire by two more days. There is pressure on Israel from its main ally America that when it launches attacks against Hamas, it should take care that civilians are not killed in it.
America said this
US Secretary of State Antony Blinken met Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other officials on Thursday. Blinken had expressed hope that the duration of the ceasefire would be extended. He also said that if Israel restarts the war and takes action against Hamas in southern Gaza, it will have to do so “in accordance with international humanitarian law” and it will have “clear instructions” to protect civilians. There should be a plan. Most of Gaza’s population has moved to southern Gaza and now they have nowhere else to escape. This has given rise to questions as to how civilians can be protected from casualties due to any Israeli action there. (AP)
Latest World News